Friday, January 21, 2011

Cleaning up My Life

I was scrubbing my stove this morning, and I started thinking about my life. I have really done some major housework on my life in the last year.


I have decided to take care of myself fully, in every way. I try to sleep as needed, eat healthy meals, take my medications as directed, see my doctors regularly and ask for help when it is required. I have decided to enjoy life and to let go of the negativity that has plagued me most of my life. In every situation I have a choice to make in how I respond. My general nature takes me to the negative, but I choose the positive outlook, it makes a big difference. (More on that in another blog). I have decided to let go of unhealthy relationships. I no longer have any contact with the man that abused me. That decision in itself changed my life. I feel freer than I ever have before. Finally, I have decided to allow God the control that I know He so greatly desires, and that I need. I cannot control a lot of what is happening to me right now, but I trust that my God is taking care of me and has a plan for my life. He desires great things for me and by trusting in that, I can live a full life without the need to try and control every situation. 


Psalm 59:17
You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.



Now I need to go and do some laundry!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to read this Rach! I know God is doing a wonderful work! I like this: "My general nature takes me to the negative, but I choose the positive outlook, it makes a big difference." Our path is by choice, that is true freedom. More so, I can totally relate to the part about letting go, of people, things, memories and unhealthy relationships. Life is not a destination , but a jouney to be enjoyed!I miss you and hope to see you real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,I am not happy about my circumstances, but I am happy about the journey I am on. I can only imagine what I am being refined for!

    Miss you too! Girls night soon?

    ReplyDelete