Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pain and Suffering

I have been dealing with a lot of pain this hospital stay. I have had pain in the past, but for some reason, it is attacking everything in me right now and even the doctors don't know why.


I do have Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and Kidney Disease. I also have a severe case of anemia, requiring 6 blood transfusions of 2 bags each time in the last 6 months. I don't like this, I don't want this, I want it to STOP! 


I have really found strength with my friends, both near and far. I have also found a stronger faith in God's healing power.


The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. (Deuteronomy 33:27) 


I know that I can rest in his everlasting arms when I am scared and tired. I can find refuge from the storms that are brewing around me. I can take comfort in what lies ahead, no matter how scary. 


I have asked all of my friends to place me on their church's prayer chains, and I believe in the power that comes from believers joining together for a common goal. 


More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment