Monday, January 31, 2011

Dreams

I used to dream that I was a different girl
I used to dream that I was in a different world
I used to dream that I had a different dad
I used to dream I had more than I had
Those dreams were very real
Those dreams were full of zeal
Those dreams came every night
Those dreams were worth the fight
I cannot change who I was
I cannot change the circumstances
I cannot change what I had
I cannot change my dad
I will move on
I will no longer be a pawn
I can make a change
I will my life exchange

For I will find the strength inside to make a difference in others lives. I will show them all that they can move on, that they can realize that they have survived. There is something inside of every survivor that may not be able to be expressed, but it's there. We may have not chosen the healthiest of coping mechanisms, but we did what we did to get through the hell that we were experiencing.


Matthew 26:13 NIV

I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."

No comments:

Post a Comment