Friday, May 21, 2010

Surviving

I am a "Survivor" but it does not identify me.

I have survived sexual abuse.

I have survived an eating disorder which caused me to nearly die more than once.

I have survived moving all over the country and leaving loved ones behind.

I have survived the deaths of people that I loved.

I have survived losing a job that meant the world to me.

I have survived...

I have also:

  • Loved
  • Laughed
  • Danced
  • Rappelled
  • Camped
  • Flourished
  • Thrived
  • Learned
  • Hoped
  • Dreamed
  • Lived

I give thanks for surviving and everything else that I have done!


2 comments:

  1. You are also awesome, because you have awed people like me!
    Moreover, the best part about surviving is that there's life waiting to be fully experienced (on the other side).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend for the feedback and encouragement. I know that life can only be fully experienced when we let go of expectations and allow God to take over!

    ReplyDelete