Saturday, May 22, 2010

Life Lessons

When I was a little girl, I thought the whole world was just for me! Don't most children?

I thought that whatever I wished and dreamed for would come true. I thought that all I had to do was go out and get it! If I wanted to climb a mountain, I knew I could do it! If I wanted to swim across the ocean, oh yeah!

The world was full of limitless possibilities.

And then I grew up, learned that the world did NOT revolve around me and that it was a cruel place at times. I learned that life could be very hard and that it took a lot of work sometimes.

I also learned some lessons that I have only recently found out are not true. I thought that I was not capable of getting what I wanted. I thought that everyone else could go out and succeed, but that I as not able to. I thought that I was too dumb, not smart enough to do anything other than an entry level job.

These things are all false!

I am capable of getting whatever I want. I can succeed. I am very smart and can get whatever job I want.

It has taken a lot for me "unlearn" these negative lessons, but I have.

The world is mine for the taking! No, it does not revolve around me, but I am ready to go out and get what I want and need!

Watch out world, Rachel is on her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment