Monday, May 24, 2010

Age

I have heard:

  • Age is just a number
  • You are only as old as you feel
  • Age doesn't really matter

Well let me just say that at this age of my life, 38, I feel much older. I feel the effects of my eating disorder on my body daily. Because of choices I have made in my life, I have many health issues that people my age don't normally suffer from.

  • Osteoporosis
  • Neuropathy in my legs
  • Blurry vision
  • Missing teeth
  • Other aches and pains
How do you want to spend the rest of your life? In pain, fighting for every day to survive? Or do you want to live a full, healthy life?

If you are suffering from an eating disorder, I BEG you to seek help. There are many places to turn for information on finding a doctor. Please look in my resource section for some ideas, or just Google eating disorder treatment.

Bless you and good luck on your journey, it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment