Sunday, May 2, 2010

Feeling Alone

I am a thinker, I don't just take anything at face value, not even my feelings. I analyze everything!

I feel so alone tonight. I know that I am not, I know that I have:
  • Family that loves me
  • Friends that support me
  • People that feel just like I do out there reading this blog
  • A God that loves and protects me

But tonight...I feel alone.

I need to remind myself that the feeling is not reality. It may feel like my reality at the moment, but looking around me I see evidence that it is not.

I see my friends that are near, and those that are not, but thanks to facebook and a telephone seem to be right here with me.

I have my family here to give me great big hugs and kisses. There is nothing sweeter that the hug of my teenage sons wrapping there arms around me and kissing the top of my head. (They are both over 6 feet tall now). The love and care that my husband shows me even when I feel unlovable is invaluable.

I also have my family that is far away that shows their support through calls, cards, email and prayers. I know that I am rarely far from their minds and hearts as they are not far from mine.

Heck, even my two dogs with their wet, slobbery kisses show me unconditional love.

Okay, so now that I have reminded myself that I am not alone...I think I can go on and continue the fight!


1 comment:

  1. Knowing that the perception of reality that your depression is showing you is not the truth is half the battle. Fighting back is the other half. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete