Monday, April 25, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Today I am reminded of the simple pleasures in life once again.

I had my catheter in my chest removed. It was used to administer dialysis, now I have what is called a fistula in my arm. With the removal of the catheter I can do things I haven't been able to do since January. I can swim, bathe, and shower! I am so excited I can barely contain myself.

Each day is a blessing and a gift from God. I appreciate so much about my life and life in general.

I have said it before, but my sons are the light of my life. Even though they are teenagers, and it isn't always easy to navigate this difficult stage, I love them so much. I love to see the differences in them as they grow up and become their own men. I love to sit and have deep, intelligent conversations with them. Even when we argue, afterward I can appreciate that they have their own ideas and opinions.

I choose to find joy in every aspect of my life.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I am a 14 year old struggling with a binge eating disorder now but I was anorexic before. I am getting help now but it is still hard. I am trying to think positive and right now I'm keeping it mostly under control. Please respond because I would love to have someone to talk to on here about it and not feel so alone in this! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog by accident. You are an inspiration. I am glad you got your catheter out and can do the things you want to do. I can understand about your sons being the light of your life. I can't imagine my life without my JJ. When ED wants to take over, he is my motivation to stay on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that it seems incredibly overwhelming and it is hard to see how you will ever get through it. You will, you just need to know that is is worth it in the end. To finally be at a point in my life where it isn't consuming my every thought, I have found such joy and peace. Trust in the process and those who know more than you do right now. You are doing the right thing by trying to defeat such a deadly enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly Girl, yes, they are a great inspiration. I will say though, until I chose to do this for myself, I couldn't get over the obstacles in my journey to recovery. I won't say that it is easy, but it is getting easier! Keep on fighting!

    ReplyDelete