Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summertime

It is summer!

That brings on a whole lot of scary images for someone with a distorted body image.

  • Heat
  • Bathing Suits
  • Parties
  • Comparing myself to others

This summer will be quite different though.

Since I am unable to walk right now without crutches, a walker or use of a wheelchair...these issues seem so insignificant.

I am so much more than a body and a tan. I am so much more than a flat stomach and a tiny waist. I am so much more than a mere collection of body parts.

I am a full grown, beautiful woman. Each part of me is designed to do its part to make up the whole. If I obsess about one thing or the other, and neglect the whole, I am doing myself and those around me a great disservice. I cannot be fully present while worrying about everything that I perceive is wrong with me.

This summer I am going to take time to heal, to grow emotionally and spiritually, and to enjoy one of the last summers that I have left with both of my boys home.


No comments:

Post a Comment