Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Ways to Cope

I am still coping with my injury and moving about my home in a wheelchair and going to my doctors' offices with crutches or a walker. I hate it! I know there are many people that have to do this every day of their lives and my wonderful father-in-law is one of them. I hold them in great esteem and have great admiration with how they face each day.

I am getting better at getting around and am even accomplishing more than I thought I would be able to.

Tonight I vacuumed, a great achievement for me. I was able to make dinner as well. Things that I thought I would have to ask others to do for me.

For someone that struggles with self-esteem issues, this is huge. I am proud of myself for even trying, since that has not been my normal mode of operating.

I have a tendency to not even try things that scare me, or are going to be a challenge. I hate to fail.

I still have to ask for help for some things, and that is a struggle. I don't like it, but realize that it is a necessity. Another accomplishment!

I am proud of how far I have come, it may not seem like a lot, but it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment