Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Morning

Mondays can be very hard for a lot of people.

I believe that from an early age we are conditioned to hate Mondays. People have many reasons.

Sometimes they have to go to jobs that they hate, or have to go to school when they don't want to. Sometimes it is because they enjoyed the weekend a bit too much! *wink wink nudge nudge*

Whatever the reason, it is sad that people put that much pressure into one day. As much dread as people have for Mondays, they put a lot of pressure on Fridays. "Thank God it's Friday!" There is even a restaurant dedicated to the sentiment.

I would like to put it out there that we should take each day as it comes. As the saying in every 12 step program goes, "One day at a time." I am at a stage in my recovery where I am excited with what each day brings, and all the promises a new dawn brings to me. That is not to say that each day turns out the way that I hope it will when it starts, but just being alive and able to do the things that I love to do, is a blessing.

Right now I am healing from surgery. I am unable to drive, put weight on my right foot or do a lot of the things for myself that I would like. I still find wonder in each new day. What an amazing gift each day is! I don't really like to say, there is always someone out there worse off than me, although there certainly are. I have seen people barely able to breathe and sit up in bed, that have such joy and grace in facing life. I want to be like that!

Go out and face the new day and all the promises it brings with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment