Friday, August 27, 2010

UP!


I just watched the movie, UP!

It really made me stop and think about life and the plans we make.

Carl spent so much time trying to fulfill Ellie's dream, that he didn't look all the way to the end of the book. He wasted so much time trying to do what he thought someone else wanted him to do. She loved him and their life together. She wanted him to have new adventures.

By focusing so much of my life on doing/being what others wanted, I didn't get to have my own adventures.

In the past 4 months I have had a major shift in my thinking. I am taking life by the horns and treating each new day as an adventure. I am doing what I want. I am trying new things. I am letting the real me shine.

Thanks Ellie for reminding me to keep looking for new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment