Monday, April 5, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends

I have been truly blessed with friends of all types throughout my life.

I have also had some "friendships" that have taught me what I don't want in my relationships.

Let me impart upon you some of my hard earned wisdom.

These are the some of people that I no longer will allow to be part of my life.

  • People that put me down with snide comments disguised as "jokes"
  • People that think they have a right to treat me like their "verbal punching bag"
  • People that act as if they are the only person allowed to have feelings
  • People that treat others that are different then them as "less than"

I have friends that have been a part of my life for a few short years that mean more to me than others that have been in my life since I was a child. I have friends that I had as a teenager and lost track of, only to find through the miracle of the Internet and cherish them as if they have always been in my life. I have friends that I "knew" in high school, that are now very near and dear to me and I anxiously await the day that we can see each other again and embrace as true friends.

God has truly blessed me with many marvellous people in my life, and even those that are "less than desirable" have taught me a valuable lesson. I will one day be able to say that I appreciate everyone in my life, the good the bad and the ugly, until that day I will just leave you with this:



No comments:

Post a Comment