Saturday, August 15, 2009

I am Perfect Just the Way I am

"Don't worry-it doesn't matter. You don't have to be like anyone else, because you're already perfect. We're all unique, we're all different. And you, too, have something wonderful to share with the world."
~Jennifer Read Hawthorne

I know I am not alone in saying that I have tried to be many different people. I have tried to be the "perfect (fill in the blank)." I had an image in my head of what that should be, what my hair, nails, clothes, shoes, weight should be. I thought I should be a certain way, act a certain way, feel a certain way.

I call this "shoulding" on myself.

Over the years I have been learning that what/who I should really be is...ME.

We have each been given gifts and talents to get us through life. It is as if we are one body, each of us performing our part so that things get accomplished. If I am not doing what I am meant to do, then it throws off the entire body.

I loved it when the SNL character Stuart Smalley said:
"Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!" It was meant to make people laugh, but you know what, it is true just the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment