Sunday, January 24, 2010

Trusting Others

I find it extremely hard to put my trust in someone completely. I do believe that most people want what is best for others, and don't intentionally hurt those they love. I also believe that whether intentional or not, they will ultimately disappoint me.

I know this is contrary to what I want people to think of me. It makes me a bit dark, and pessimistic and I don't like that. I would like to be able to dwell on the positive and see the good in all things.

I think that I actually have a unique ability to see both sides of most situations. Whether I agree with both sides or not is not important. I can see different points of view rather easily.

Although I find it difficult to trust in individuals, I believe in humanity as a whole. I try to practice "random acts of kindness" to spur on that goodness in individuals. Sometimes all someone needs to brighten their outlook is a smile.

I will strive to practice one random act of kindness each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment