Monday, January 18, 2010

Finding Love

I have often felt unworthy and unlovable. I didn't think it was possible for anyone other than my mother to love me and I didn't understand why she would.

This is the sad cycle of someone with no sense of self worth.

I found love, I found it in my glorious husband and his wonderful family.

Now, let me set the record straight, my mom and my family DO love me. I just didn't feel like I deserved it.

For some reason, Matt loved me, I am still unsure why. I am glad he did/does though.

When my kids were small I used to make sure my arms were full when we went to visit Matt's family. I was so uncomfortable with the fact that they ALL hugged me EVERY TIME I saw them. I thought they would see through me and realize how unlovable I truly was.

You know what though, they saw through my walls and loved me anyway! They showed me that it was okay to open up and be real with them. They loved me anyway!

Thank you Humphrey family for loving me and making me one of yours! And thank you mom and Shawn, Jason, and Sylvia for loving me always!

No comments:

Post a Comment