Sunday, January 10, 2010

Feeling a Bit Blue

Today I am feeling a bit blue.

I took about 15 minutes to really feel the sadness. I let the tears flow and the feelings flow right along with them. This is hard for me to do. In the past I would have:
  1. Suppressed the feelings and put on my "happy face" for the world to see. OR...
  2. Went into the sadness and let it overwhelm me.
I feel good about the fact that I was able to feel the sadness for a short time and then move past it. I have lots of things to be sad about, it is tough to watch those that I love suffer. Or to hear their precious voices on the phone and want to be there to hug them. It is hard to let my son go back to his school every week.

But there is much to be thankful for as well. I get to see my boy every weekend, and hug him and love on him. I get to see my other son every day and hug on him and love on him as well. I also get to spend time with my fabulous husband, and as little as that time is some days, texting and emailing and calling each other gets us through. I also get to see my Mom-In-Law next weekend and that is a blessing that I cannot describe!

So, my advice tonight is to let the feelings flow, but set a timer and don't let it overtake you!

No comments:

Post a Comment