Friday, July 16, 2010

Being Comfortable in My Own Skin

Lately I have had the oddest feeling, I couldn't quite figure it out. It was driving me a bit batty as I tried to analyze it. I figured it out.

I like who I am becoming, the real Rachel. I really think that if I were to meet myself on the street, we would really like each other. Now that sounds sort of like I have a whole other mental health diagnosis than I have, but it is true.

I like how self-assured I have become, able to make decisions and stick by them.

I like that I am no longer sad all of the time, I can enjoy life and I do.

I like that I am no longer the "victim" needing to make others prove their love to me.

I am funny, I can laugh at myself and with others. I am not afraid of what other people will say if they see me laughing and making a "fool" of myself.

I can love and be loved. I can enjoy life and even make it through some of the toughest times in my life. My circumstances do not define me, it is the way in which I face those circumstances that makes me the woman that I am.

I am finally comfortable in my own skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment