Thursday, September 22, 2011

Turning 40

I turned 40 yesterday. I really wasn't too upset about it. After the year I have had, I felt blessed to be turning 40!

I know there are some that didn't think that was even going to be possible.

Although I am on dialysis, I am stronger and healthier than I have been in years. I have my spunk back and I believe that although there are some challenges ahead, this year will be great! I will prove to everyone that a tough diagnosis does not mean you have to give up on life, or live a dull one.

I have so many great friends and many of them joined me for a celebratory dinner last night and I want to thank them all. At this point in my life, living so far from my biological family, I need them more than ever. These friends are my family, one that I got to choose!

I am 40 and quite happy about it!

1 comment: