Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pinning all my Hopes

I mentioned in a previous post that I had a new love in my life. I was very much in love and consumed with him and pinned all of my hopes to him. This was a very short relationship, but it meant a lot to me.

I was married for 19 years and I pinned all of my hopes and dreams to him. It was a long relationship and it also meant a lot to me.

I am a mom and have been for 19 years, I pinned all of my hopes and dreams on my two children. These are forever relationships and they mean a lot to me.

The lesson that I think I have finally learned from this last relationship is this:

Don't pin all of my hopes and dreams to another person.

I need to hope and dream for myself, as if there were no one else in the world. Things change quickly and they don't always go the way we want them to. I need to dream about my life after my kids are gone and on their own, which won't be much longer from now! I need to find dreams that are all about me and my wants and needs. I am going to think on these things and I'll get back to you when I figure some out!

No comments:

Post a Comment