Sunday, November 18, 2012

TRANSPLANT

October 7, 2012 is my new birthday!

I received the gift of life via a Kidney-Pancreas transplant!

The journey has not been easy, but the struggles are well worth it. I can eat what I want, and I am free of insulin and dialysis. I feel stronger than I have in years, and that is an amazing feeling.

I think about my donor every day. I pray for their family, to find peace in their decision. I am not sure of any details about them, and how many people they were able to help, but I am eternally grateful for the gift they gave me.

I have been on this journey for a long time, and although it isn't always easy, I have not relapsed in many years. This gift makes that more important than ever. I will not take these new organs for granted. I have been taking all my meds, eating and TRYING to sleep. I am happy and ready to face the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment